Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Book bloggers create their own lists based on the chosen topics and post links to our lists. It’s a way of all sharing our thoughts and our love of books. And who doesn’t love lists??
So this week’s challenge was to list the top ten things on our reading wish list, could be books or other bookish things. Any books on my wish list tend to be extremely specific and hard-to-get – signed first editions and things like that. Most of my day-to-day reading needs are served by the library and used book sales!
- A signed first edition of The Book Thief! No doubt about it, my #1 item on my wish list! If I could meet Markus Zusak that would be even better! 🙂
- A signed first edition of any of Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache books and another author I would love to actually meet!
- The complete collection of Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache books – I got almost all of mine from the library to read… 😦
- A continuation of my Indiespensables subscription (hint, hint sweetie!). What a great way this has been to get introduced to new books and to collect beautiful signed first editions!
- More book shelves, preferably built-in, to replace the crappy pressboard ones in my home office.
- A special bookcase, with glass doors, for my collectible books – I need a way to keep them dust-free and displayed!
- A really cool book-nook in my office for curling up and reading.
- A new reading lamp for my office since mine just literally fell apart, crumbled into pieces on my floor – so weird!
- Funding for public libraries so they can continue to serve their communities – nothing has the power to inform, educate, or inspire like the written word. The greatest gift we can give is free access for everyone.
- Time to Read!!!