Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Book bloggers create their own lists based on the chosen topics and post links to our lists. It’s a way of all sharing our thoughts and our love of books. And who doesn’t love lists??
So this week’s challenge was to list the top ten books you would like based on a favorite movie/TV show. Here’s the problem – I don’t really watch much TV, we don’t have cable, and if we watch something it’s usually something that the kids want to see. And we don’t go to the movies much either, unless it’s a movie based on a book, so I completely cheated and decided to list the top 10 books to read if you loved Divergent (at least it’s a movie, even if it was a book first!). And I stuck only with books/series that I have personally read – I know there are many more out there!
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Matched trilogy by Ally Condie
- The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver
- The Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore
- The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- The Host by Stephanie Meyers
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins