This week’s assignment for the Ninja Librarian Recon Team? Name ten vacations that you would want to take in locations from books or scenes that you want to be a part of.
- Hogwarts. Definitely. Almost any scene would work although I would avoid the ones that involve battling Voldemort…
- Bag End to visit Bilbo before everyone else shows up. So peaceful and beautiful.
- The Secret Garden. Beauty and wonder and concealed from the rest of the world.
- Willie Wonka’s Factory. Before all the brats show up! 😉
- Long Island so that I could attend one of Gatsby’s parties – just to people-watch…
- Three Pines from the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny. A lovely little village for a quiet vacation and the opportunity to meet all those quirky characters!
- Oz and the Emerald City. After the demise of the wicked witch.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore (from the book of the same name by Robin Sloan). What a really cool, quirky, crazy bookstore.
- Narnia – in peaceful times…
- The library from The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. I’d like to apply to be the next librarian!
Where would you want to go? What would you want to experience? Be sure to comment below!
Check back next week for more fun stuff from the Ninja Librarians Recon Team!