Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Book bloggers create their own lists based on the chosen topics and post links to our lists. It’s a way of all sharing our thoughts and our love of books. And who doesn’t love lists??
So this week’s challenge was to list the books that should be added to high school reading lists. I know that some high schools some where DO include some of these books in their lists, but not many, and not often enough. I also want to clarify that I still think high school students should be reading the classics! They just need to add some “new classics” to the list.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Alexie Sherman
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- Maus I & Maus II by Art Spiegelman
- The Giver by Lois Lowry