Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Book bloggers create their own lists based on the chosen topics and post links to our lists. It’s a way of all sharing our thoughts and our love of books. And who doesn’t love lists??
So this week’s challenge was to list the top ten list of books that I’ve read so far in 2013 – I am just limiting myself to those for which I’ve written reviews, so these are actually my favorites since I started my blog in February (and in no particular order)!
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys – Funny and touching story set in the French Quarter of New Orleans in 1950.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan – A fun and quirky adventure melding the ancient with the latest technology.
- Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger – A mystery and a coming-of-age story set in 1960s small town Minnesota.
- With or Without You by Domenica Ruta – A searing memoir of the author’s relationship with her drug-addled and irresponsible mother and her own struggles with addiction.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – A touching and endearing story of young love between two unique individuals.
- Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power by Jon Meacham – An amazing story of this founding father, a complex and fascinating man.
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson – Unique storytelling style combined with an up-close look at life in England during the two world wars.
- Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra – A difficult yet beautiful novel set during the wars in Chechnya.
- Screwed by Eoin Colfer – A well-told story – gritty, violent, and raunchy – but great characters and a lot of fun!
- Onion Street by Reed Farrel Coleman – Another installment in this wonderful detective series!
I keep seeing Eleanor & Park around. I really am just going to have to buy it! Great list!
I don’t think we have the same taste in books–but I wanted to stop by and say that I like your blog! It looks very sophisticated 🙂
If you’d like, my TTT: http://hollysreadinghollow.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-6-favorite-reads-of-2013.html
We have two in common, Life After Life and Eleanor & Park. I don’t know much about the others but sounds like you have good taste!