Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Book bloggers create their own lists based on the chosen topics and post links to our lists. It’s a way of all sharing our thoughts and our love of books. And who doesn’t love lists??
So this week the challenge is to list the books that are on our “to-be-read” list for this spring. My TBR list is always long, but I will try to pick out a good sampling of what I’m excited about.
- Inferno by Dan Brown – I’m sure everyone will be reading this, but I must admit to being a fan of Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code, so I am sure this will be one that I burn through in a weekend.
- Requiem by Lauren Conrad – The last book in a trilogy that I’ve been reading, one of those that I started when the first book was released and now, after two years, I will finally get to read the end of the story! I hear mixed reviews, but I can’t NOT read it.
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – Another last book in a trilogy. Another two years spent waiting for the end of the story… Finally! This is why I keep saying I’m not starting anymore trilogies until the last book is released!
- A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans – This is the fourth book in The Walk series, and while I did not love the third one, I need to follow through and finish the story. Seeing a pattern here? I’m not doing this to myself anymore!
- Deeply Odd by Dean Koontz – I adore Odd Thomas! This series is not one that I mind waiting for, each book has an actual non-cliffhanger ending even though you know the journey will continue. With the quirky characters, these are must-reads for me!
- With or Without You by Domenica Ruta – My next book from my Indiespensables subscription! It should be here in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait!
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson – I have seen a lot of pre-release press on this book and I enjoyed Started Early, Took My Dog so am looking forward to just plain old fiction, not part of a series, something different to contemplate.
- Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell – I hear such great things about this collection of short stories that I can’t ignore it any longer! I’m hoping that they will be good short reads for those instances where I don’t have the time to get absorbed in something longer.
- Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger – I have the ARC of this sitting on my shelf and I am looking forward to a chance to read it – small towns, suspense, coming of age, all story elements I tend to enjoy.
- The Wonderful World of Oz by Frank L. Baum – I recently treated myself to the new collector’s edition box set of all of the Oz books. Since these are on my series-to-read list I am going to start reading them aloud to the kids next week! It’s been too many years (we are not going to talk about how many!) since I’ve read the first book in the series, and I am looking forward to sharing it with the family.
PPPPlease, where’s the non-fiction???
Actually, With or Without You is a memoir – so therefore is non-fiction. This is what I’m personally looking forward to, what are you looking forward to in non-fiction?
I like quite a few of the books on your list. Which is why my TBR is always GROWING instead of shrinking.
I know! No matter how much I read, my list never gets any smaller! Working at a library doesn’t make it any easier – new books coming in all the time with their shiny new covers and new book smell – and I want to bring them all home with me – it’s an occupational hazard! 😉